Thursday 27 November 2008

Nicklas Bendtner Planning Fabulous Makeover

It takes a self-assured young man to wear pink boots whilst playing for an English club, let's be honest. A couple of prominent figures in the domestic game have raised eyebrows at the flamboyant footwear, which is being worn at a time of great turmoil in north London.

Still, football and entertainment can't grind to a half just because times are tough, and at least the striker was able to back up his flash with a winning goal in the Champions League against Dynamo Kyiv.

Speaking about his Nike Mercurial Vapor Rosa - officially labelled as 'berry' - the 20-year-old Dane gushed: "I love my pink boots! I’ve wanted to play in that colour ever since I was young.

“I’ve never seen anyone else playing in pink boots before - I think it’s an outstanding colour and looks amazing.

"I don’t think anyone at Arsenal is going to be able to compete with me on that front. I have reached the top of the outstanding boots."

Bayern Munich's Franck Ribery has the boots, too, for the record.

Musing his boot fetish, Bendtner added: "Diamond-encrusted boots... that's the only way they can beat me now.

"I have all my boots at home, every single colour that has been produced.

"Now I play in a pair with my name and the Danish flag on the side, so they are definitely my favourites."

Pink boots, William Gallas - that would have won back the dressing room and dazzled Arsene Wenger and avoided this entire captaincy catastrophe.

Meanwhile, according to The Mirror, Bendtner is a £5 million January target for Spartak Moscow, who still need to replace Roman Pavlyuchenko since he left for the Gunners' rivals Tottenham Hotspur at the end of the transfer window.

No comments: