Tuesday 4 November 2008

Bendtner Relishing Opportunity To Fill Ade's Boots


The injury to first choice targetman Emmanuel Adebayor may have caused concern for Arsenal fans but young striker Nicklas Bendtner may have afforded a wry smile as he will be aware that it will be up to him to fill Ade's boots.

The Danish international has never been short of confidence, and his impressive pre-season, and sound link-up play with Mexican protege Carlos Vela will stand him in good stead for a return to first team action.

Emmanuel Adebayor faces a lay-off due to an ankle knock while Robin Van Persie will be missing for three games following his dismissal at Stoke City.

"We have them [Adebayor and Van Persie] out so I will be trying to do my best to help us win if I’m playing," Bendtner informed the club's official website.

"Whether I am out or not I will try to play the best football I can to get into the team.

"I wouldn’t say it is frustrating [not being first choice]. As I say I do what I can do and then it is up to the manager to pick the team.

"I have played a few games and I have done alright. I can only keep doing what I’ve been doing and then it is up to the boss to pick who he wants," the 20-year old added.

No comments: