Friday 14 November 2008

Bendtner Happy To Fill Ade's Boots


In the absence of Emmanuel Adebayor, who faces a fortnight on the sidelines while returning from an ankle injury, and Robin Van Persie, who is still serving a suspension following his fracas with Thomas Sorenson at Stoke City, Danish striker Nicklas Bendtner is now solely responsible for providing the Gunners' firepower.

Bendtner insists he is happy with the chance to prove himself, and the striker is likely to lead the line again when European hopefuls Aston Villa visit the Emirates Stadium this weekend.

"They [Ade and Van Persie] aren't involved at the moment but whether they are fit or not doesn't change my mentality," he explained to Sky Sports.

"If the manager picks me I will always do whatever I can. I love the pressure - you could say I prefer it and thrive on it.

"I love it when people are thinking that this is the guy who needs to score or create something today if we are to win," he said.

"That's how I set myself up for every game.

"It's good if people have big expectations for you. If people are expecting things from me, than I'm happy to take it."

No comments: