Wednesday 12 November 2008

Jay Simpson: Young Gun Reveals Childhood Idol


Jay Simpson is one of the latest crop of club manager Arsene Wenger's young guns to step up his game and knock out Premier League opponents Wigan Athletic due to his well-taken brace at the Emirates Stadium last night.

Simpson has played at Ashburton Grove before, and scored a hat-trick in the Youth Cup against Cardiff last year, meaning that he has an impressive strike rate of one goal every 37 minutes in front of home fans.

Simpson has revealed that it was fellow striker and former club record goalscorer Ian Wright that has been his inspiration.

"When I was growing up I used to watch Ian Wright and that's what made me an Arsenal fan," Simpson told the club's official website. "I had posters of him on my wall.

"I met Wright once, it was quite a while ago at my first Arsenal match at Highbury. I met him in the tunnel and I was starstruck, I didn't know what to say to him! He shook my hand and I didn't know what to do! I was nine at the time," he said.

No comments: