Wednesday 24 December 2008

Fabregas wants to return as soon as possible


Arsenal captain Cesc Fabregas stated that he will come back very soon, and even stronger than before.

Cesc Fàbregas has revealed that he would willingly have had surgery if it had been required to repair his injury, and that he was fortunate that his leg was in the air when Xabi Alonso caught him.

The Arsenal midfielder visited Doctor Ramón Cugat in Barcelona to determine whether an operation was required and is now hoping to be able to spend the first few weeks of his comeback in the Catalan capital with family.

After being told that he will be out for four months following the blow to his knee that he sustained in a tackle with compatriot Xabi Alonso at the weekend, Cesc was philosophical.

"After consulting the best doctor we have decided not to operate. If it had been necessary then I would have been the first to have said we should., but the doctor has recommended not to because I am young and have not damaged the meniscus," Marca quote him as saying.

"I will be out for around four months. My aim now is to return as soon as possible and help my team-mates. I will endeavour to be back quickly to do what I like doing best and that is to play football.

"It is the first serious injury that I have had in my career. They effect everyone now and again and this just my turn. I will just have to wait, keep to the time frame and return as soon as possible."

Xabi Alonso has been concerned about his international team-mate and Cesc explained that he does not blame the Liverpool playmaker for the injury.

"I remember it was a counter-attack and Xabi Alonso and I ended up on the floor. I had my leg up and he came in like a bull and he took the ball and my leg. It is not as bad because my leg was not on the ground, because if it had been I would have been out for a lot longer," he continued.

"He worried a lot about me. He called me after the game and has been ending messages as well as talking to me before I went in to see the doctor. These are things that happen, it is football, and Xabi is a great friend of mine."

No comments: